Join us for a six-week beginning quilt-making course lead by the talented Karen Driessen. You will learn to piece up to nine different blocks which can then be used to construct a table topper or small-size quilt top. During the first class, we will be covering basic sewing machine operation, use of a rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat, and quarter-inch seam tips. You will also have time to select and cut fabric for your blocks.
- Sewing machine in good working order that you are familiar sewing on
- Quarter-inch foot for your machine (strongly suggested)
- Sewing pins, machine needles size 80/12 (universal or sharps)
- Sharp fabric scissors, rotary cutter with new blade, cutting mat, 6" x 12" or 6" x 18-24" ruler
- Thread (gray, silver, white or beige), bobbins for your machine
- Paper and pen or pencil for note taking
- Fabric will be selected on the first night
- "Teach Me to Make My First Quilt" by Pat Sloane; provided by Wildflower Quilt Co.
Class Dates & Time:
Tuesday, April 11
Tuesday, April 18
Tuesday, April 25
Tuesday, May 2
Tuesday, May 9
Tuesday, May 16
* 6:00 - 8:30 PM each evening
Six-weeks of professional instruction, course materials including "Teach Me to Make My First Quilt" by Pat Sloane, a one-time coupon code for 15% off your entire purchase in the shop, and a beautiful environment to make new friends & the lifelong gift of quilting.
Limited to eight students to allow for an intimate, hands-on experience.
Should you need to cancel after enrollment, a fourteen-day advance notice is required for a refund. Refunds will be given via store credit which may be applied to another class.
|Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm|