Are you intimidated by curves? There’s no need! Quilting with curves is fun, addicting, and not as hard as it looks. During this three-session Advanced Beginner course, you’ll learn the basics of working with curved pieces while making a curved quilt top of your choice. A variety of patterns will be available for you to select from on night one. Curves, we’re coming for you!
Night One: Select a curved quilt pattern from a variety of options. Learn the tips and tricks of cutting fabric with various curved templates. Your homework will be to select and cut all fabric for your chosen pattern.
Night Two: Learn four ways to sew curved pieces. You’ll practice various methods and develop your own preferred curved sewing process. Homework consists of continuing to sew pieces according to your pattern and preference.
Night Three: Sewing session, troubleshooting and Q&A.
Materials Needed/Not Included:
- Sewing machine in good working order that you are familiar sewing on
- Quarter-inch foot for your machine (suggested)
- Glass head pins
- Machine needles size 80/12 (universal or sharps)
- Rotary cutter (28mm or smaller) with new blade, cutting mat, ruler (6" x 12" or 6" x 18-24")
- Thread & bobbins for your machine
- Fabric marking pencil
- Basting glue or fabric glue pen
- Paper and pen or pencil for note taking
- Fabric for your pattern and quilt size of choice (a one-time coupon code for 15% off total purchase is included)
- Templates for your quilt
Dates & Times:
Tuesday, March 7: 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Tuesday, March 21: 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Tuesday, April 4: 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Paper pattern, three class sessions with professional instruction and a one-time coupon code for 15% off total purchase.
Limited to eight students to allow for an intimate, hands-on experience.
Should you need to cancel after enrollment, a fourteen-day advance notice is required for a refund. Refunds will be given via store credit, which may be applied to product or another class. Cancellations within fourteen days are non-refundable.
|Tue, Mar 7, 2023 at 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm|