T-SHIRT QUILT MAKING - 01/12/2023 Start
If you have a collection of commemorative T-shirts begging to be pieced together into a quilt, yet no idea how to begin, we’re here to help!
During this six-week course you’ll be guided through every step of the T-shirt quilt-making process. Cutting and stabilizing, construction of the quilt top, adding borders and finally, finishing the quilt. We’ll use an easy-to-follow pattern paired with assistance from a professional instructor to make this a fun and enjoyable project. This class is designed to be both instructional as well as a ‘work at your own pace’ format.
Start gathering those T-shirts, as you’ll bring them with you on night one. The instructor will demonstrate how to cut and stabilize that evening. Then, you’ll have two weeks before the next class to do your homework of cutting and stabilizing the shirts at home.
Quality & Quantity of T-Shirts:
(12) T-shirts for a quilt measuring 60” x 74”
(15) T-shirts for a quilt measuring 60” x 88”
Note: T-Shirts should be in good condition without holes and large enough to cut a 13” to 16” square from the logo area.
- (12) or (15) T-shirts (as noted above)
- Sewing machine in good working order that you are familiar sewing on
- Quarter-inch foot for your machine (strongly suggested)
- Sewing pins, machine needles size 80/12 (universal or sharps)
- Sharp fabric scissors, rotary cutter with new blade, cutting mat, 6" x 12" or 6" x 18-24" ruler
- Thread (color to match your border and binding), bobbins for your machine
- Fabric (for borders & binding) will be selected on the first night
- Interfacing may be purchased on the first night
Class Dates & Time:
Thursday, January 12
Thursday, January 26
Thursday, February 2
Thursday, February 9
Thursday, February 16
Thursday, March 2
* 6:00 – 8:00 PM each evening
* Note: No class on Thursday, January 19 or Thursday, February 23
Six-weeks of professional instruction, paper pattern & course materials, one-time coupon code for 15% off total purchase, and a beautiful environment to make new friends & a very special T-shirt quilt!
Limited to eight students to allow for an intimate, hands-on experience.
Should you need to cancel after enrollment, a fourteen-day advance notice is required for a refund. Refunds will be given via store credit, which may be applied to product or another class. Cancellations within fourteen days are non-refundable.